Friday 9 March 2012

I'm smitten: Michael Kors’ silver sequin Art Deco dress


This sleek silver baby is my dream dress!  (It’s from Michael Kors’ NYFW AW12 collection.)   It’s shiny, but a more muted shiny.  The perfect modern iteration of a retro Art Deco look.  (A lot of recent evening wear seems to be informed or inspired by The Artist - Sunday’s Best Picture Oscar winner.)  I couldn’t be happier, because it’s my favorite fashion era - people back then were just crazy stylish.


I love that it’s so simple, but with such gorgeous strategic mesh cut-out details. 


 Mmm… silver.  Makes me think of the moon, and water, snowflakes and ice…
Gold can be gorgeous on other people, but for me it's always been a little too flashy, a little too bright.  When I want sparkle, I'm thinking more of a lunar glow than a solar flare.

(all photos from www.vogue.fr)

No comments:

Post a Comment