Wednesday 21 March 2012

I'm smitten: Canada's Smartest Gents



I recently had the enjoyable opportunity to interview these brainy fellows - 3 out of the 4 challengers from CBC's Canada's Smartest Person.  They gave me the behind-the-scenes scoop and were so funny & articulate - one is a professional athlete for the CFL's Hamilton Tiger-Cats, one is a slam poet, and one loves to do stand-up.  Take that, "brainy" stereotypes!


(Toronto's Greg Frankson)




(Winnipeg's Marshall Carroll)



(Hamilton's Peter Dyakowski)
(photos courtesy Greg Frankson, Marshall Carroll, and Peter Dyakowski)

Being real-world "smart" is about so much more than academics.  I think the show ably demonstrated that with their ten challenges exploring the theory of multiple intelligences: logical, linguistic, visual, interpersonal, physical and musical.  Bottom line for me: it's about being versatile, baby!


Read my interview with these cool cats here:  





No comments:

Post a Comment