Tuesday 25 September 2012

I'm smitten: Victoria Beckham A/W 12

Even though the Spring shows are currently happening, I can't get my head to stay there.  When the leaves are changing, and the air is bracing, I want to think about layering up - the boots, the hats, the wooly socks...
I have to admit, I never expected that I'd fancy Victoria Beckham's designs...  Victoria herself often looks a bit too severe for my personal taste.  But I want to wear literally every single piece in her Autumn/Winter 2012 RTW collection!  Which is not something I'd say lightly...


Marcio Madeira/firstVIEW

It's just a brilliant little capsule collection of dresses and coats, with beautiful finishes and accessories.

Marcio Madeira/firstVIEW

Marcio Madeira/firstVIEW


From the dresses, to the coats, to the clean, rich-looking leather accessories, it's all timeless and really wearable.  
Olivier Claisse/firstVIEW
Olivier Claisse/firstVIEW
Olivier Claisse/firstVIEW



Marcio Madeira/firstVIEW
The tailoring is razor-sharp, and every detail about the cut-outs and colour-blocking is designed to flatter.  

Marcio Madeira/firstVIEW
Marcio Madeira/firstVIEW

Olivier Claisse/firstVIEW


The well-considered embellishments - exposed zippers, brass buttons, flap pockets, and epaulets are military inspired, but not in a costumey way.  Just enough to provide the perfect masculine/feminine tension.  Everything's streamlined and chic.  

Marcio Madeira/firstVIEW



Olivier Claisse/firstVIEW
Olivier Claisse/firstVIEW


And I adore the slouchy layered socks with the boots, which is something I already do anyway.

Marcio Madeira/firstVIEW
I am one smitten kitten.  If she keeps this up, she'll be joining the Michael Kors and Christopher Bailey (masters of classic, wearable luxe) club.

Marcio Madeira/firstVIEW
This is why Fall fashion is my favorite...
Olivier Claisse/firstVIEW
Marcio Madeira/firstVIEW


No comments:

Post a Comment