Tuesday 15 January 2013

"I think acting is about forgetting yourself in order to give the best of yourself. It's passing through you more than you're creating it. You're not the flower, but the vase which holds the flower." 
- Juliette Binoche


Christian Kettiger



I think this insightful quote applies just as accurately to life as to acting...  My friend B and I had this conversation once about how we screw things up when we care about them too much.  It's cringe-worthy and funny, 'cuz it's true.  I think there's definite credence to the notion that self-consciousness infects the purity of the creative process, or even the natural fluidity of relationships.  I myself am certainly most poised, most zen, when my focus is entirely on an activity or another person.  When self awareness creeps in, part of your attention naturally splits off, and then your focus/poise/creativity (whatever you want to call it) fragments, and your ability be a vessel for greatness is radically diminished. 



I've mentioned photographer Christian Kettiger's great work before here.



No comments:

Post a Comment